Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Message From Josh

I found a journal today that Josh wrote in from the second through the fourth grades. Mostly it was filled with misspellings and poor grammar because Josh was dyslexic and had a number of learning disabilities. Writing was such a struggle for him. Yet, writing was his passion. I had to laugh at the entries where he wrote "Mom is so mean" because I was making him do his homework. He talked about his dog, Max. He spoke of family vacations and how much he missed his grandparents after we moved from Alaska. He wrote of various daily activities. Most of his entries were written in letter form and directed to his teacher or to his parents. Then I came across a precious entry. It was a message from Josh to his great grandparents.

To: Nan and Pa
From: Josh

All the wind will hear you cry and my love will watch you forever.

Originally posted July 29th, 2009

No comments: