Saturday, February 13, 2010

An Angel's Kiss

Last night, I was so sad. I was cleaning out some drawers and the pictures, cards, and things I found reminded me of Josh. I wanted to scream but all I could do was cry.

It's that time of the month again when all those feelings come to the surface.

Today marks the second month since Angela's death and 15 months since the night I found out about Josh. (He actually passed away on the 16th.)

Yesterday, Angela's mom went with me to the cemetery to put flowers on both Angela and Josh's graves. The flowers were beautiful. Josh's Grandma Kay made them. They are Christmas arrangements.

Last night as I slept, I felt something brush my cheek. The softest kiss that felt like butterfly wings or the brush of an angel. Then I realized it was Angela. She smiled at me like she always did after giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled back.

Just a dream? Yes. A beautiful, beautiful dream. Just for a second, I felt her kiss. What a beautiful gift.

Originally posted December 14, 2009

No comments: