Saturday, February 13, 2010

Memorials

The Holidays can be a difficult time for those who have lost loved ones. If you know of someone who has lost a loved one, be sure to let them know that you are thinking about them and that you REMEMBER the loved one who has passed on.

I know it can be hard to bring these things up to folks, but overwhelmingly, most folks who have lost a loved one want you to remember and want you to let them know that you remember the person they have lost. They may cry when you bring it up, but that's ok. They are going to cry regardless of whether you bring it up or not and the tears that come when someone remembers are healing tears.

To all of those who have lost loved ones and especially to those whose grief is fresh, I want you to know that I am thinking about you and that I am wishing you Peace that passes all understanding.

Find a way to make memorials to your loved ones..............write about them in a blog, make a memory book, write a story about them, make a piece of jewelry to commemorate their life, paint a picture, plant a tree..................do anything that helps you to put action to your grief.

My sister-in-law sent me a link to a web site online through Life Net that has an online quilt and folks can make memory squares in honor of their loved ones. Both Angela and Joshua were donors (Angela was able to donate her organs and Joshua was able to donate tissue)and I have made squares for them. However, the memorial is open to anyone to make a memorial regardless of whether the person that has passed was a donor or not. I thought maybe some of you might find this site helpful.

All my love ,

Tammy

https://secure.healingthespirit.org/onlinequilt/index.php

Originally published November 23, 2009

No comments: