Friday, March 5, 2010

A Small Light

For almost a year and a half I have not been able to read anything for pleasure. I read the Bible for comfort, I skim articles on the internet about farming but to pick up a book and read it for pleasure, I have not been able to do. I use to love to read but the words just jumble in my mind and make no sense. I can't pay attention and lose interest. I have not even had the desire to read. Today, I went to the store and I found myself in the book aisle. I picked up several books and read the back. They looked interesting to me. I wanted to read them. I don't know if I will be able to sit down and read them yet, but it was a glimmer of hope to me that someday I may actually find joy in reading again. Perhaps one of the things I enjoyed in the past will become part of my new normal.

No comments: