Monday, September 29, 2008

Grocery Shopping

I went out with Mike today to run errands. Mostly, I sat in the truck. Mike stopped to talk to someone about some buildings and I could not engage myself to be part of the conversation. I could focus for a minute, but then I was distracted. The last stop we made was the grocery store. How I dreaded going in the grocery store. Josh worked in Food Lion for over a year and when I go in there, I think of him. I saw the people he works with casting sympathetic glances my way. I tried to look away and move on quickly. When I passed someone in an isle, I averted my glance. I quickly got what I needed as panic filled my heart. I had to get out of there. Back in the truck, I began to cry. How I miss my son! How I would have loved to see his tall frame bent over stocking shelves in the grocery store! I just want to hide away at home, away from the public where I can grieve! How can the world go on? It makes no sense. Yet, it DOES go on.

No comments: