Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Focus

Joshua's Well has given me a focus, a drive, a reason.

No, this will not bring my Joshua back to me and it will not take away the pain. Somehow though, by working towards this common goal of raising enough money to build this well, it brings light to the darkness and fills my heart with hope.

The well will be a memorial to my son whom I love so much. The well itself means nothing. It is the life that the well will bring to the people that is the true memorial.

I know Joshua would approve. I know it would make him smile to know that so many people are working together to make this happen.

Mike and I never give each other gifts at Christmas. So, I was suprised last night when he said to me that he was giving me a Christmas gift. The gift he has promised me is that he will send me to Guatemala for the dedication ceremony of Joshua's Well.

I am so touched by his understanding of my need to be there and by his willingness to make sure that I get to go. I am blessed with such a good husband that would give so unselfishly to meet my heart's desire.

In the beginning, after Josh died, I expressed to a few people that I had a dream to some day go to spend some time helping out in an orphanage overseas. It looks like I may also get to do this as well when I go to Guatemala.

We do not yet know the timing. That depends on when we can get the funds together and when the well is dug. I believe it will happen. I have faith that this is meant to be.

No comments: