Thursday, August 4, 2011

The End

This post will be the last entry on this blog. No, it is not the end of my grief. I will carry this loss with me until I see me son once again in Heaven. But, I feel that I have reached a point in this journey when this chapter has closed and a new chapter has begun. Somehow, by God's grace, I have found the strength to take all the pain that I am feeling and use it as the driving force to do something good in this world in my son's memory. Joshua's Well was just a starting point for me and while I may never be able to be part of something of that magnitude again, I can continue to do what I can to help others both here in the United States and in Guatemala. I can finally say, with assurance, I have found my "new normal".

Thank you to each friend who has read my words here and who has offered prayers and words of comfort in the past almost three years. I would be blessed if you would continue to pray for me from time to time.

To Josh:

Thank you for teaching me how to walk in the rain. I love you more than life itself.

Mom

4 comments:

LindaSue said...

I know. Nothing else needed.

Corinne said...

May you walk in peace my dear friend.

Pat said...

I am so glad that you are able to start living again, I sympathize with the grief you have gone through. I too lost a child, a daughter, and all I can ask myself is why me? I miss and love her more than life itself and I am just struggling to get through this pain. I am seeking help from friends and sites like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceu-dl to find comfort and get me through this time. I am just glad to know there is someone else out there who knows what I am going through.

Maple Lawn Farm said...

Dear Pat, I am so sorry to hear that you know the pain of losing a child. I really can't think of anything that is more difficult. I will be thinking of you and praying for you to have strength has you walk this difficult road. Much love to you.