Monday, September 13, 2010

This Journey

Tomorrow (the 14th) will mark the two year anniversary of the event that took Josh's life. The 16th will mark the two year anniversary of his death. The pain is still sharp and real, as is the loss. Father has shown me time and time again how He picks me up and carries me when I am hurting too badly to go on. He just loves me and wraps me in His arms. When enough time has passed, He gently puts me back down and says, "It's time to walk some more on this journey." Sometimes I kick and scream and cry and say, "I don't want to walk anymore." He firmly but gently forces me to take a few more steps. He is also quick to remind me that He will be right there holding my hand along the way. He is always quick to pick me back up again, anytime I just need to find shelter there in His embrace. He knows the perfect balance between the times when I feel the pain more intensely and the times when He allows me to rest. What an awesome, awesome Father we have!